The Greenhouse,

is about growing matters, focusing on my greenhouse and potager. I grow mainly vegetables, herbs and spices but flowers have their given place too. From seed to table, this is the nursery for my living food, we cook a lot of delicious food and I say a potager is the cook’s best friend. The greenhouse makes it possible to grow essential, colourful, warmth loving fruit and vegetables even in this climate such as tomatoes and chillies. My main blog is Tyras Trädgård/Tyra's Garden. View my profile

Thursday

POTAGER - Heirloom Tomatoes 2009

© This post - 'Potager - Heirloom seeds' , was originally uploaded and written by Tyra at the blog The greenhouse in Tyra's Garden http://tyras-greenhouse.blogspot.com/
...
...
...
Min Potager 2009 - Kulturarv - Tomater
My Potager 2009 - Heirloom Tomatoes
...
..I have my own bank - Tyra's Garden Seed Bank .
...
Make all you can
Save all you can
Give all you can
John Wesley

Why heirloom?

When I’m planning my potager and buying my seeds I do try to think heirloom. Why? Well thousands of people all over the world have tried these and kept the seeds for generations so I think that must be good also important that we keep the tradition and why not benefit from their great knowledge and wisdom.
In my greenhouse this year these are the chosen once ‘The Tomaoes of 2009’ although some of them are not heirloom but still very interesting like the NEW Sweet olive for example. Some of them I’ve tried before and here I have a small evaluation of tomatoes from 2008.




On the left hand sidebar you find more information of each tomato.

Look under Tomatoes 2008-2009

Black Russia
Brandywine
Brandywine Yellow
Cherokee
Cour di Bue
Crnkovic Yugoslavian
Czech’s Excellent Yellow
Dansk Export
Federle
Ferris Wheel
Gardener’s Delight
Great White
Green Zebra
Ildi
Long Banana
Malakhitovaya Shkatulka
Money Maker
Nyagous
Plum Lemon
Principe Borgese
Promyk
Reisentraube
Sungold
Super Sweet 100
Sweet Olive
Tiny Tim
Tumling Tom


Hello...it is time to wake up!

TYRA

Don't be a stranger my friend - do write something.

Kära trädgårdsvän - Skriv en rad vet jag.

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

20 comments:

Gunilla said...

Hej Tyra

Vilken lycka att odla egna tomater,har du satt alla sorterna?
Fantastiskt vilken energi du har.

Ha en bra dag

Gunilla

gittan said...

Jösses! Det var inge dålig tomatsådd, vilken otrolig massa olika sorter

TYRA Hallsénius Lindhe said...

Hej Gunilla, energi? det är ju så kul! Gott blir det också senare i sommar :-)

Tyra

TYRA Hallsénius Lindhe said...

Gittan Välkommen till min trädgård och till blotanical! Kul att det börjar komma så många svenska bloggare dit.

Ha det bra Tyra

Anonymous said...

Hi Tyra, what a great group of tomatoes. I am trying Black Russian for the first time this year, along with Red Short Vining, Money Maker and Bisignano. All are awake but are still infants. :-)
Frances

Unknown said...

I know and love some of these, and some similar:
Black Krim (another Russian type); Caspian Pink, the Brandywines, Green Zebra....they're all just fabulous. Can't have enough of them!

CanadianGardenJoy said...

Tyra .. I am not a veggie grower but I am in love with herbs so that is my "thing". You have such a pretty and such an organized whay of doing this .. I am amazed and can't wait to see how they turn out for you !

Kerri said...

Such a pretty bank you have! :)
Lucky you to have a greenhouse, and how nice to have the anticipation of all those beautiful tomatoes soon to sprout.
We are being teased with warmer air here this week...a little taste of spring. It feels good!

joey said...

Nothing tastes better than a fresh tomato, riped and warmed by the sun and you have some wonderful varieties, Tyra. Love your wooden seed bank! Wishing you a fruitful growing season.

TYRA Hallsénius Lindhe said...

Hi Frances and congratulation to your little ones. I'll make a not of Bisignano and Red Short Vining, it is always interesting to try new varieties.

TYRA Hallsénius Lindhe said...

Hi Jodi oh that Caspian Pink I forgot I wanted to try it! I think it is rather like Crnkovic a 'pinkish' beef tomato.
I do agree, can't have enough of them.

TYRA Hallsénius Lindhe said...

Well thank you Joy and I will of course be back with the final products :-)

Tyra

TYRA Hallsénius Lindhe said...

Hi Kerri, how wonderful for you with some warmer weather, I do think spring is in the air. The birds have started their spring melody and it is very much longer days now.

Tyra

TYRA Hallsénius Lindhe said...

Hi Joey, it is rather nice to have my own bank :-)although it has been closed all the winther.

xoxo Tyra

Tatyana@MySecretGarden said...

O-o-o-o, the sight of that little green tomato plant made my heart sunk...

Marie said...

Så flink du er! Du kan verkeleg glede deg til sommaren :)

Du er ein dyktig fotograf også :)

God helg :)

Gail said...

One day, when I decide to try vegetable gardening...I will be glad to have this wonderful list to refer to...thanks, Tyra...have a good weekend~~gail

Salix said...

Hi Tyra
Jeg elsker tomater.
Indtil man selv dyrker dem, tror man jo, at en tomat er en tomat!!
I år har jeg 10 sorter, hvoraf 4 er frø gemt fra sidste år. Håber på en god sæson - sidste år var katastrofal med regn, regn, regn....
Men det er stadig lidt for tidligt at så her, selv indendørs.
Det er nu week-end igen,
Hyg dig, kram
Lene

Catherine said...

Hello Tyra!
I am itching to get some seeds started! I too love Heirlooms..Brandywine,Cherokee,plumsuper sweet 100,& tiny tim grace my garden each year, have been looking for seeds for Green Zebra for 2 years now, guess I'm going to have to order them, I love green & yellow tomatoes!:)
I LOVE THE BOX~thats fantastic! Great captures as always Tyra!
Cat

A.T. said...

Hi Tyra,

We are the founders of Turkish Pink Tomato Network ( www.pembedomates.org ) and will be in Vaxholm on August 1st for the purpose of excursion... Is there any chance to meet with you in your garden? If so please drop a short note to atansug at gmail.com ...
Have a nice day...