The Greenhouse,

is about growing matters, focusing on my greenhouse and potager. I grow mainly vegetables, herbs and spices but flowers have their given place too. From seed to table, this is the nursery for my living food, we cook a lot of delicious food and I say a potager is the cook’s best friend. The greenhouse makes it possible to grow essential, colourful, warmth loving fruit and vegetables even in this climate such as tomatoes and chillies. My main blog is Tyras Trädgård/Tyra's Garden. View my profile

Wednesday

ABC Wednesday 'C' is for COFFEE

© This post - ABC Wednesday 'C' , was originally uploaded and written by Tyra at the blog The greenhouse in Tyra's Garden http://tyras-greenhouse.blogspot.com/
...
ABC Wednesday 'C' is for Ah....Coffee. This wonderful drug I just cannot be without.


Coffea. When grown in the tropics, coffee is a vigorous bush or small tree easily grown to a height of 3–3.5 m (10–12 feet). It is capable of withstanding severe pruning. It cannot be grown where there is a winter frost. Bushes grow best at high elevations. To produce a maximum yield of coffee berries. Wikipedia

A Coffee Break in the Greenhouse.
At eleven o'clock I love to have a nice coffee breake and what could possibly be better than a cup of coffee in the greenhouse.

Here on this picture we have such a moment, a nice cup of coffee served with a piece of bread, my flavoursome homemade ‘Orange Tiger Marmalade’ and some Gruyere cheese. The coffee is just the way I like it hot and strong. You will get the recipe for this extraordinary orange marmalade later...




Go and visit other ABC participants here
...

Don't be a stranger - do write something/ TYRA


Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

29 comments:

Lene said...

I can really smell the coffy. Mmmm... I`ll have a cup with you. Some milk and sugar, and a smørgås, please :)

Takk som bjuder, Tyra :) Herlig!

Carolina said...

Lots of C's are about food and drink! I would like a cup of coffee now and a sandwich please ;-)

My Mother's Garden said...

The coffee blossom looks so pretty up close. I wonder what the scent is like?

Jane Hards Photography said...

As coffeholic I am drooling.

Anonymous said...

I can almost smell the aroma of the coffee, bread and marmalade! Delicious looking.

Anonymous said...

Tyra, you know how to live the good life! I stumble to the kitchen first thing upon waking each morning to begin the process of making that enticing brew. The smell, the taste, the heat, I HAVE to have it!
Frances

Fotosekken said...

Beautiful photos and creative ideas for todays C! =o)

Rinkly Rimes said...

That final picture is wonderfully positioned. Worthy of a foody magazine!

Tumblewords: said...

A delightful post. I love coffee and the marmalade looks delicious as well!

Suzanne said...

Yes, coffee, God's gift. I'm so addicted to Dunkin' Donuts coffee here inthe States.

Willow said...

I love my coffee too! With milk, please!

Pat - Arkansas said...

Mmmm... I can almost smell the coffee from here. I'll be looking for your orange marmalade recipe; it looks yummy.

Bradley Hsi said...

Grace always put out her English china set every morning to have a proper breakfast when we are in our home on Cape Cod. Just like in your beautiful photo. She drinks English tea instead. In Taipei, I will go out to a roadside stand and have a bowl of noodles for breakfast.

Exotic Plants said...

I want to go have some coffee in your greenhouse with you! I do, I do! Well...I think you would invite me...so thanks very much. Tak. I loved the cheese with breakfast custom when I was in Sweden. We don't do that in the States...but sometimes I do, and think of Sweden.
Jeannie

TYRA Hallsénius Lindhe said...

Thank you all for the lovely comments.

Nice to see that so many of you enjoyed 'the coffee'.

Have a great week/ Tyra

Mamapippa ... said...

I love the smell of fresh made coffee ! Mmmm.
Have a nice day !

Miss_Yves said...

All your blogs prove that you are a lover of colours, gardens , cooking and ...life !

Unknown said...

Great C post. Coffee makes me smile! YUM! I just love it.

Anna said...

Mmmmm, coffee with bread and some Gruyere sounds delicious, especially consumed in the greenhouse. Sadly my doctor has told me to drink the decaffeinated stuff, which has taken some getting used too :(

Glädjekällans Trädgårdsblogg said...

Varmt och starkt är ett måste!
Ha det gott
Birgitta

Gail said...

Tyra, hello...coffee is the perfect c word. Especially on this very cold day and in the greenhouse...that will be very special! Thank you for innviting us~~gail

TYRA Hallsénius Lindhe said...

Hi there Mamapippa, miss Yves, Life with Kaishon.
Ah, some new faces, how very nice to 'meet' you, you are so WELCOME into my garden.

Anna decaffeinated hm...poor you, but I guess it's good for you. We are more into the hot strong stuff here, hardly anyone drinks decaff. although perhaps we ought too.

Haha... Birgitta, vad vad det jag sa vi gillar det hett o starkt :-)

Hi Gail I'm glad you enjoyed the Coffee.


Take care my friends/ Tyra

Anonymous said...

I love coffee. It's a morning must have!!

Jane O' said...

I'm not a coffee drinker but I LOVE the smell of the beans.

Stop by Thyme for Herbs. I have an award for you :)

Anonymous said...

Somehow I missed this post on Wednesday Tyra and that is sad because I'm addicted to coffee too! A cup in the greenhouse with your delicious orange marmalade & bread would really hit the spot. Great "C" word. I love your photo of the coffee beans in the jar too.

Gunilla said...

Ja kaffe är ju ett måste. Vad läckert att dricka kaffe i växthuset.Den är tiden på året. Har du varmt där? Är det som ett orangeri.Och receptet på marmeladen väntar jag på.
Ha en fortsat bra kväll

Gunilla

Anonymous said...

Olá
Sou do brasil e adoro visitar o seu blog , ele e´ lindo
convidativo e aconchegante .

magiceye said...

thats a lovely set on coffee!! slurrp!! :)

Lavender and Vanilla Friends of the Gardens said...

Hi Tyra, Your breakfast table looks so inviting with freshly brewed coffee, tasty bread and home made jam...I think that would be just right for me...it is 6.00 AM! I had a coffee tree and when it was flowering it was like covered with snow with its white flowers. It seeded everywhere. Now my neighbour fellow gardener Virginia has it on her side! I made coffee but it was a lot of work to prepare and I did not roast the beans enough. It tasted like dishwater.
Now I want to go and look at your favourite photos. Have a nice week.