The Greenhouse,

is about growing matters, focusing on my greenhouse and potager. I grow mainly vegetables, herbs and spices but flowers have their given place too. From seed to table, this is the nursery for my living food, we cook a lot of delicious food and I say a potager is the cook’s best friend. The greenhouse makes it possible to grow essential, colourful, warmth loving fruit and vegetables even in this climate such as tomatoes and chillies. My main blog is Tyras Trädgård/Tyra's Garden. View my profile

Tuesday

The Rose month and WWF's Earth Hour

This post, 'The Rose month - June and WWF's Earth Hour' was originally uploaded and written by Tyra at the blog The greenhouse in Tyra's Garden http://tyras-greenhouse.blogspot.com/

...ABC Wednesday J



JUNE – sometimes called the 'Rose month'.

This week started with white and ends with black...and some colourful JUNE in between.


The white, it has been snowing again here in Stockholm Sweden and as I’m boycotting the big white in my blogs for this season I’m not going to show you some lovely wintery ‘black and white’ish pictures of the greenhouse instead I give you J for June, much nicer, much brighter and in full colour.


June in the greenhouse and the livin' is easy in Tyra's garden.


At the start of June, the sun rises in the constellation of Taurus; at the end of June, the sun rises in the constellation of Gemini. However, due to the precession of the equinoxes, June begins with the sun in the astrological sign of Gemini, and ends with the sun in the astrological sign of Cancer. June is the month with the longest daylight hours of the year in the Northern Hemisphere and the shortest daylight hours of the year in the Southern Hemisphere. Wikipedia- june


...and now to the black


The black, WWF’s Earth Hour 28th of March 2009 - Turn your lights off at 8.30 pm wherever you live on this planet! 2,398 cities, towns and municipalities in 83 countries have already committed to VOTE EARTH for Earth Hour 2009, as part of the worlds first global election between Earth and global warming. Read more and take action, Vote Earth!



Read about more great ABC Wednesday's J here.

I wish you all a fun J round.



Greetings from Tyra in Vaxholm.

I almost forgot, I cannot have the 'Rose month' without a rose.




Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

25 comments:

Sylvia K said...

What beautiful photos to celebrate "J"! And what a delightful greenhouse you have! Thank you so much for sharing the beauty!

Rune Eide said...

June is my favourite, so you have my full support - no more "white stuff"!

Anonymous said...

Love the pretty June photo!!!

VP said...

If only we had the warmth of June as well at the moment eh Tyra?

Anna said...

Just looking forward to June :) Thanks for the reminder about Earth Hour Tyra.

Anonymous said...

Det var ett vackert bidrag på J. Jag har fotat massor av rosor, men de finns inte i bloggen. Jag längtar verkligen efter sommar nu när det kommit snö igen.

EG CameraGirl said...

June is a beautiful month in the garden, I agree!

annalarssonphotography said...

Ett så vackert bidrag på J!

Jag längtar verkligen efter Juni :)
Speciellt nu när det kommit mera snö.

Det här är min första ABC-omgång! Titta gärna in :)
Anna

nilla|utanpunkt said...

Gillar junibilden i växthuset, man glömmer nästan hur sommaren ser ut. Önskar jag kunde köpa trädgårdsmagasinet som du snart är med i, vore kul att se reportaget. VIlket nummer är det, jag tror jag ska be en svensk kompis köpa det. Ha det gott!

Jane Hards Photography said...

Earth hour should be a regular thing. Great post.

Gordon said...

Lovely shots. June is brighter for you; but not so for us. But we are enjoying the colour now - I dropped into our Botanical Garden's rose garden yesterday; beautiful blooms!

Cindy said...

Thank you for the June! I myself am boycotting coats - but Mother Nature may have the upper hand on that one! Thanks for the notice about Earth Hour, too.

Anonymous said...

Your own greenhouse! How wonderful. Your roses are lovely.

Tumblewords: said...

Beautiful post - It's snowing here, too. June photos are much preferable on these cold white days. Good post!

Bradley Hsi said...

How nice that you have remind us of June. I will be back to Cape Cod for June and July this year, finally, after been absent for so long. We are looking forward to restart our rose garden. None of our roses have survived the past several very cold winter in New England.

Unknown said...

June is wonderful month in my homeland,Many beautiful festival is around on June.I will be joining the world earth hours 08:30 to 09:30pm local time on 28/03/2009.
Thanks for the visit.

Sherrie said...

Hi!
I love your "J" post! June is a wonderful month and I myself am very tired of cold and snow. Your Greenhouse is beautiful!! Have a great day!!

Sherrie

Carol said...

Beautiful June photo..and a good J...I am also tired of the winter and looking for spring...

Ramblings From Spain said...

I could just curl up in that greenhouse and read forever! Lovely photo x

Dragonstar said...

Fascinating and beautiful post. Summer soon, I hope!

Joy said...

I'm dreaming of June now. The dappled light and flowers in your greenhouse are lovely.

Rose said...

Your greenhouse is so beautiful--yes, let's think spring and not winter:) June is also my birthday, so it's a special month to me, though I've given up having birthdays:)

Thanks for the info on Earth Hour!

pictureeachday said...

Oh lovely. June is a nice thought this time of year :)

Your Iris photos from last week are beautiful, and your post so informative! I did Irises too ;)

Tatyana@MySecretGarden said...

Hi Tyra! We turned off our lights yesterday at 8:30 p.m. The kids were thrilled to know that people all over the world did the same.

Carole said...

What an amazing blog you have. I'm so jealous of the glass greenhouse. We just have quansett style UGLY ones. I wish I had found you sooner....Our busy season is about to start. Open day tomorrow...so much to do!!!