The Greenhouse,

is about growing matters, focusing on my greenhouse and potager. I grow mainly vegetables, herbs and spices but flowers have their given place too. From seed to table, this is the nursery for my living food, we cook a lot of delicious food and I say a potager is the cook’s best friend. The greenhouse makes it possible to grow essential, colourful, warmth loving fruit and vegetables even in this climate such as tomatoes and chillies. My main blog is Tyras Trädgård/Tyra's Garden. View my profile

Saturday

DON'T WAKE ME UP! I’m having this wonderful dream.

© This post - Don't wake me up - was originally uploaded and written by Tyra at the blog The greenhouse...http://tyras-greenhouse.blogspot.com/



...






Don’t wake me up, I’m having this wonderful dream.




It is a hot and sunny summers day, I can see the bright coloured Papaver orientalis, from far a can hear a bumblebee hum. I’m in my potager taking care of the herbs, they are so fragrant. Slowly and gently I touch them with my hands, what wonderful scents, thyme, lavender, sage and then I can sense a hint of oregano….I nibble a few leaves of parsley, some dill mm….this tastes lovely.



I can see it all from above, am I flying…floating, sailing through air? It is nice, I like it, don’t wake me up.




Zzzzz zzz
z




Väck mej inte! Jag har en sån underbar dröm. Det är en varm och skön sommardag och jag är ute i min potager och sköter om mina örter. De doftar så underbart, sakta stryker jag min hand över örterna och känner doften av timjan, lavendel, salvia och där kommer en svag doft av oregano... jag smakar på ett par blad av persiljan och lite dill mmm tänk va gott, härligt. Jag ser min Papaver orientalis stå där stolt och färggrann, jag hör en humla surrar i fjärran...väck mej inte.


Det känns som jag flyger, flyter tyngdlös omkring...svävar uppe i det blå.


zzzzz




TYRA



Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

24 comments:

Katarina said...

Vilken vacker dröm, Tyra! Och fortare än du tror blir den sann igen!
Kram
Katarina

R. Ramesh said...

excellent blog yours tyra..thanks for visiting global-madarsi.blogspot.com and do stay connected..best wishes

Naturegirl said...

Tyra what a beautiful warm dream!
Here I am covered in
((freezing snow!))
May the Spirit of Christmas leaves its blessings on the hearts of you and yours! hugs NG

TYRA Hallsénius Lindhe said...

Katarina visst är det skönt att få dagdrömma lite ibland!

Welcome Ramesh and thank you for you kind comment!

Hi Anna and thank you, I too wish you and your family a wonderful and joyful Merry Christmas.

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness that is the type of dream you never want to wake up from until summer is actually here! What a gorgeous green house. I have the windows but have yet to find the time to build anything with them, sigh! Kim

Anonymous said...

aahh, I have the same (well, similar) dreams as you Tyra. They're beautiful aren't they? Then we wake up to the snow and wind and cold! Beautiful photo of your greenhouse in warmer times.

Anonymous said...

Jag tar en liten blogg runda så här på småtimmarna inför den stora doppardagen och önskar dig en riktig God Jul! Kram Camilla

Anonymous said...

God jul.
Merry Christmas.

Corner Gardener Sue said...

What a lovely dream, and photo to go with it! I enjoyed looking at the pics on one of your other blogs, too.

Happy Holidays,
Sue

The Muse said...

oh goodness. most delightful...i want a little greenhouse just like that...
i want to let the waft the scents of the meadow...ahhhhhhh spring!

:) :) you joined my blog and left me comments...how truly glorious...please let me know when you post again i would love to read your writing!

Barbara said...

What a wonderful description of Summer in the garden. I like the Winter lights in the greenhouse too.
Thanks for visit and wishes. May your New Year be blessed too.

Lucy Corrander Now in Halifax! said...

Hope the new year turns out to be waking up for, Tyra!

Lucy

Anonymous said...

Önskar Dig Ett Gott Slut på 2008 & Ett riktigt Gott Nytt År 2009!!! Kram Camilla

Jean-Luc said...

Bonne Année
Happy New-Year

Anonymous said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE your greenhouse!! What a wonderful place to spend time and cultivate some warmer weather plants. Absolutely wonderful!!

Happy New Year!!

talk to you soon...
The Shibaguyz

Anonymous said...

Har inte jag tagit det där fotot? tror det! Längtar tills det är grönt och skönt igen!

Puss

marmee said...

i want to have that same dream. my hubby and i want a greenhouse very much and seeing yours just makes me want it more. to grow here in winter would be a dream.
my sister, meems mentioned you today when i was telling her how much i want a greenhouse and she said yours was what i was describing, it is lovely.
so have your sweet dreams and enjoy!

Anonymous said...

I think this is my dream, too! It is so lovely, thank you for sharing.

The Muse said...

are we having another moment to dream? i stopped by to check and see :) hope all is well...
i have added you to my must read blogs..thanks for following me, i am honored!

Dig, Grow, Compost, Blog said...

Your greenhouse is just so gorgeous! And that's a lovely dream.

Catherine said...

I dream of your beautiful greenhouse too Tyra! :) What a wonderful capture of you and your beautiful greenhouse and garden! I love your fence ~ did you make it..what kind of wood..?
Cat

a said...

What a great greenhouse, down here we are living your dream at the moment, and dreaming about cooler weather! Cheers, Sam.

Anonymous said...

Vilken härlig dröm Tyra!
MEN! Vi tar ett steg åt gången mot den där drömmen - vi sår ju för sommaren fröjder nu. Det gäller att börja njuuuta nuu! Högsommaren är sååå kort!

Kram, Anja

Unknown said...

love your blog. Thanks for followoing mine too! Glad you like it.