The Greenhouse,

is about growing matters, focusing on my greenhouse and potager. I grow mainly vegetables, herbs and spices but flowers have their given place too. From seed to table, this is the nursery for my living food, we cook a lot of delicious food and I say a potager is the cook’s best friend. The greenhouse makes it possible to grow essential, colourful, warmth loving fruit and vegetables even in this climate such as tomatoes and chillies. My main blog is Tyras Trädgård/Tyra's Garden. View my profile

Monday

Coffee, Stuart Little and Red Hot Chili Peppers

Welcome into the Greenhouse it's still quite warm outside. October morning and a great morning indeed, coffee in the greenhouse.

It has been a very nice October weather wise, mild and no storms.....yet....touch wood, I don't like strong winds. It doesn't matter how much clothes you put on it's still cold. The last of the harvest in Tyra's Garden.
On the left I have the seeds I've collected this year or what's left of them. you see I've had a visiter in my greenhouse, a mouse and he, Stuart Little has eaten most of my seeds! Grrr...
Bell Chili Peppers from Mexico
Au Revoir! / Tyra

14 comments:

Der Garten said...

Oh what a lovely blog! I've found your link on Ewa's link-list and add your link in our collection too. Long time ago we had a greenhouse in our garden, but your's is so wonderful.
I hope, Stuart Little is now outside and you could safe a little bit of your seeds...
Silke

LostRoses said...

I have greenhouse-envy, Tyra! I found your blog through Bob's Garden and what a gorgeous site you have. I've moved all my summer plants into my house and now there is no room for me. I need a greenhouse!

Meems said...

Hi Tyra: your greenhouse is positively picturesque and adorable! it's a view from a storybook... a perfect place for coffee and friends (only not a mouse). i love your photos,your geraniums, and your vegetables. i will visit often!

Meems said...

Tyra: thanks for stopping by my blog.

re: camera... it is not a fancy sort but i am learning to work with it. for a point and shoot it has a fairly amazing macro capability. it is a Canon PowerShot S5 IS. just purchased it in August. i would only recommend for the novice... not the professional. your photos are spectacular!

kathy said...

You have such a beautiful greenhouse! Your chile harvest looks like mine. Very nice colors.

Ewa said...

This pictures are really wonderful! When I look at the beauty of your greenhouse I really wonder how you did it :) I mean how you have built your greenhouse. As I remember it is described somewhere in you blog. I will search for info, cos i am getting more and more curious :)

Yolanda Elizabet Heuzen said...

Your greenhouse still looks very summery Tyra. Love those bright red geraniums! Oh yes, mice are always a problem in the greenhouse and yours is no exception.

Thanks for inviting me in for a nice cup of coffee. ;-)

Anonymous said...

Jag Ler, Tyra! Vilka härliga bilder från ditt växthus! Själv har jag inte orkat fixa till mitt bygge... Jag antar väl att det tar några år innan man bor in sig i livet med växthus. Jag längtar till våren då jag kan börja lite smått ... :-) Tack för titten!
// Camilla

Catherine said...

Your greenhouse is more charming each time I see it!! I've had stewert little and several of his friends visiting my greenhouse..:)
Have a wonderful weekend!!
Cat

Hannele på Hisingen said...

Helt undrebart, ett paradis du har.

Wicked Gardener said...

Oh, I've always wanted a green house just like that!!! So jealous!

Anonymous said...

Helt underbart!
KOmmer närmare mitt dröm växthus varje gång man ser dina bilder ;)

Andrea's Garden said...

Tyra, your greenhouse is just beautiful and romantic looking. Thanks for sharing. Andrea

Anonymous said...

"What’s your garden passion? What’s hot and what’s not?

The Future of Gardening Project is a new project aiming to map global passions and trends related to gardening. Check out gardening themes extracted from tens of thousands of garden blogs around the globe and share your opinion with us.
"

http://www.easyresearch.se/s.asp?WID=754781&Pwd=75768348