The Greenhouse,

is about growing matters, focusing on my greenhouse and potager. I grow mainly vegetables, herbs and spices but flowers have their given place too. From seed to table, this is the nursery for my living food, we cook a lot of delicious food and I say a potager is the cook’s best friend. The greenhouse makes it possible to grow essential, colourful, warmth loving fruit and vegetables even in this climate such as tomatoes and chillies. My main blog is Tyras Trädgård/Tyra's Garden. View my profile

Thursday

A Bulgarian Beauty - Chervena Chushka

Tyra wrote this post in the blog The greenhouse in Tyra's Garden http://tyras-greenhouse.blogspot.com if you are not reading it at The greenhouse...this content was stolen without permission.

Chervena Chushka Pepper


This is a really beautiful lady from Bulgaria! Slim bright red and sweet tasting! If you haven't grown this Chervena Chushka before I certainly do recommend it. Even the plant is healthy looking.



Bulgarian heirloom pepper, traditionally used for roasting but also a great sweet pepper. I eat it 'au naturelle' like an apple same as a said about my green favorite Poblano Ancho Gigantea. Flesh is brilliant bright -red and very sweet. Tapered fruits that are 2" at the shoulder by 6" long it says in the catalog but my peppers are just 12 cm, ripens from green to brown to bright red. 85 days from transplant with perfect conditions that is.



Chervena Chushka in the greenhouse


If you live in US. look into Brenckle's Farm and Greenhouses there you find a great mix of seeds and plants unfortunatly they cannot ship to Europe. ( good for my wallet)



Read more about Hierloom Tomatoes and Peppers here

Grow more and eat more veggies, it's good for you and your know, home organic grown taste the best!


They say "Eat more local produced food!" well it doesn't get more local than to grow them yourself.

TYRA


Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

6 comments:

Lucy Corrander said...

It looks beautiful.

It's interesting that it's of a shape I would usually associate with hot peppers too.

Lucy

TYRA Hallsénius Lindhe said...

Hi Lucy, I known I think that is why I like it even more.

Anonymous said...

Tack Tyra! Ja det är en fantastisk känsla att gå omkring på italienska marknader. Vilka underbara grönsaker det finns! Önskar jag kunde gå och handla min mat och grönsaker på dessa marknader - alltid.

Vilka härliga chilibilder. Blir sugen på något riktigt hett som värmer så här i vinterkylan. :-)

Ha en trevlig helg!

//Anna

TYRA Hallsénius Lindhe said...

Anna, jag vet....jag har lust att packa väskan idag!

Michelle said...

Those are good Peppers! I grew them a couple of years ago. I wish I had the space to grow all the peppers I've ever loved. The problem is, I have to keep trying new varieties and the list of favorites keeps growing.

Chandramouli S said...

Wow she's hot and sexy! I'm sure she'd taste the same ;)